APA 7 Conference Proceeding format

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
gshenaut

APA 7 Conference Proceeding format

Post by gshenaut »

The format shipped with Bookends isn't correct. This seems to work better:
a (d, u3`)`. t $[Paper Presentation]$. ` In `e$ (Ed++.), $f v `(`~p. ^pp. ~p-`). `l: u`.` z
Jon
Site Admin

Re: APA 7 Conference Proceeding format

Post by Jon »

I don't see examples like that (with the words Paper Presentation, for example). Can you post a link to this?

Thanks,

Jon
Sonny Software
simonr1000

Post by simonr1000 »

Hi All,

re the APA7 for conference papers, see the following link for examples of how APA7 wants conference papers to be treated.
https://libguides.jcu.edu.au/apa/articl ... nce-papers

For papers presented at a conference (not in a formally published proceedings, it looks like this:
Author, A. A. (Date). Title of Contribution [Type of contribution]. Conference Name, Location. DOI or URL if applicable

My own attempt at a format for this looks like this:
a. (d). t $[Paper Presentation].$ f, l. {$https://doi.org/$u17^z}

I'm not a guru of conditional formatting, so maybe someone out there can do one that works for the different potential options: e.g. conference paper published in edited proceedings (this is very similar to a book though), and if published in a proceedings as a journal, you'd probably select journal as the format is almost identical.

Hope this helps.

Regards,
Simon
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I dont' think you need conditional formatting here. The one we ship is for a paper published in an edited proceedings. If you want for the article the paper as presented, create a new Type for that (you can start with the normal journal format and edit tweak it, or simply use that).

Jon
Sonny Software
simonr1000

Post by simonr1000 »

Cheers Jon, thanks.

Regards,
Simon