Expanded Turabian

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
alarob

Expanded Turabian

Post by alarob »

Are there no other historians out there?

I need Turabian formatting for archival materials, government documents, reprint editions of books, etc. The Turabian formats included by default lack all these things.

If you've expanded your Turabian formats, please share!
alarob

Re: Expanded Turabian

Post by alarob »

I'm now working on an updated, expanded, corrected set of Turabian formats, and will share the results.

If you think you could use these formats, please kibbitz.

I have the 6th edition of the Turabian guide, and will use online guidance to changes in the 7th (latest) edition.

My priority is historical research, including manuscripts and older government documents. Patents, legislation, and court cases are not a priority.
ozean

Post by ozean »

Great news! Maybe you could also fine tune the format so that it is a bit more reliable in case of missing fields? If you need someone to take a look at your format, send me a private message :)
perryla9877

Post by perryla9877 »

I was able to customize the turabian style that is included in BookEnds. Once you customize it like you like, you should never have to think about it again. I love the way that you can do this.
Perry "Love my new mac"
goldenrule.com
slhuckstead

Post by slhuckstead »

Has anyone submitted Turabian 7 to Jon? It would be great to have the updated format available, I have been trying to update it myself, and I am learning how BE works. It is a long process and having it [Turabian] produce the proper citations would be wonderful.
alarob

Post by alarob »

I've been using my Turabian formats for close to three years now, and had started an email exchange with Jon way back when. I don't think of the format as finished, but it works well enough to use. Many of the fields are less than consistent between work types, though, and in one case I'm using a bug/feature to support pseudonyms.

With the upgradee to version 12 I'm inclined to sit tight for a while and see how the formats work in the new environment. I'm still using Snow Leopard and may not even be able to upgrade at once.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We added Turabian 7 a while ago (I forget exactly when). If anyone sees any problems with it, please contact me and I'll update it as necessary.

Jon
Sonny Software
edward

Post by edward »

alarob, I've also worked on the Turabian format. I've posted my version on my website:

http://scriptsforbookends.com/

The download for the Turabian formats both for BE 11 and BE 12 is on the "Custom reference formats" page.

It's not totally complete but it covers quite a bit.

If you check it out, let me know if you have improvements.