Adding SBL to Bookends 11.1.7

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
cipri7

Adding SBL to Bookends 11.1.7

Post by cipri7 »

Hello- I am new to Mac (with Lion) so may be missing something very simple, but I have not been able to figure out what to do with the SBL files created by D. Zachararias. I have his guide and the 3 files that have the Bookends icon (SBL Bib, SBL footnote, and SBL in-text). His instructions refer to installing 2 particular files, which do not correspond to those included in the download. A similar question appears in one of the forum posts from earlier this year, but is unanswered. I have not been able to get to the answer in the user guides, so any help here would be appreciated. Thanks!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Adding SBL to Bookends 11.1.7

Post by Jon »

Those are formats, which belong in ~/Library/Application Support/Bookends/Custom Formats (in Lion you need to hold down the Option key when selecting the Go -> Library menu item in the Finder). What are the other two items?

Jon
Sonny Software
cipri7

Post by cipri7 »

The other two are mentioned in his instructions here:

Take the two preference files (bookends preferences and the .plist file) and drop them into Library > preferences. When you launch Bookends again, you will have to put in your serial # again.

So, I think you are telling me to go to the system library folder, open "application support" there (I do not see any Bookends folder in there), and drag in the folder with the SBL files?

Thanks, Jon!
Last edited by cipri7 on Mon Sep 12, 2011 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm pretty sure he stopped including those. Supplying a preferences file and .plist is not a good thing -- the ones he had are obsolete now and would cause more problems than not. You'll have to make any changes to reference Types yourself. But the formats (which are the main things) should be fine.

Jon
Sonny Software
cipri7

Post by cipri7 »

I was editing while you were responding. I was wondering:

So, I think you are telling me to go to the system library folder, open "application support" there (I do not see any Bookends folder in there), and drag in the folder with the SBL files?

Thank you.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No, it's your user library folder, not the system. This is the path to the folder:

~/Library/Application Support/Bookends/Custom Formats

Jon
Sonny Software
cipri7

Post by cipri7 »

Got it. Thank you for the prompt help!