Secondary quotation

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
stefan_linde

Secondary quotation

Post by stefan_linde »

Maybe someone could help me. I am working in a combination of Bookends with Mellel. I have some issues with secondary citations and i haven't been able to solve them, though i've taken a look into bookend's manual and searched the forum.

What I want to achieve is the following quotation style: Author/Editor (year), e.g.

Berman (2012).

Additional if i introduce a page number or range by adding "@ + page" within Mellel's window, I'd like to have something like this: Author/Editor (year: page), e.g.

Berman (2012: 12f.).

I have tried really a lot and obviously this kind of "coding" is not my specialty... I came closer to a potential solution though

a|~~e~ ` ~` `(d: p).~`,

unfortunately I get a quotation like this: Berman (2012).12 if I insert a page number.

Help is much welcome and appreciated! Thanks in advance!
Stefan
Attachments
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-15 um 16.31.53.png
Bildschirmfoto 2016-02-15 um 16.31.53.png (9.98 KiB) Viewed 11888 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Secondary quotation

Post by Jon »

This is for a citation in the text (or footnote), right? In that case you handle this with the ^ metacharacter:

{^temp cite}

And to add a page number at the end, you'd use cited pages, like this

{^temp cite@12}

In the format definition you tell Bookends what to put before and after cited pages (so you can get 2012: 12f. )

Please refer to the user guide for all the metacharacters Bookends allows, and read up on cited pages.

Jon
Sonny Software
stefan_linde

Re: Secondary quotation

Post by stefan_linde »

Thanks for your fast reply! I will give it a try. Thank you for your help.

Best wishes, Stefan