Web page

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
ZC1ifi

Web page

Post by ZC1ifi »

I am on Bookends 12.7.5 and in my list of reference types there is one called "Internet" but I am looking for one that can be used with MLA 8 and allows me to refer to such web pages as those offered by on-line databases such as The Corpus of Romanesque Sculpture or even Wikipedia. The "Internet" is not very convenient for that and no general Web type is listed. Has anyone ever bothered to put something together to cater for this?
Philologist

Re: Web page

Post by Philologist »

ZC1ifi wrote:The "Internet" is not very convenient for that and no general Web type is listed. Has anyone ever bothered to put something together to cater for this?
The reference type "Internet" is fine. You may have to change field names (= field labels in the Preferences) in accordance with the elements you want to include in the citation/reference.

Use the bookmarklet, called "Open in Bookends", to grab the URL and the website's title.

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookmarkle ... rklet.html

I can't remember anymore whether I had to change any field labels (in the Preferences.) Anyway, the following field labels should suffice for the latest MLA style.
1.png
1.png (101 KiB) Viewed 8887 times