"Title" field in reference format for edited book

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
alanterra

"Title" field in reference format for edited book

Post by alanterra »

I have a very simple format that I use for renaming attachments for edited books:

Code: Select all

{a^e$, Ed++.$^$Anonymous$} (d) t
But I can't make the title field ("t") do what I want.
If the book is part of a series, and I have a volume number, then the title comes out as Series Volume Title, when all I want is Title.
Example:
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.08.55 sm.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-01-28 at 11.08.55 sm.jpg (28.53 KiB) Viewed 11033 times
comes out as
Asociación Cultural de las Californias Ed. (1979) Baja California Symposium/Simposium anual de la Asociación Cultural de las Californias 18 XVIII Simposio anual en El Sauzal, B. Cfa.
The problem is (a) I can't control the formatting, and (b) the part that is repeated (the series title) is first so the name of the attachment is rather obscure when truncated to, say, the first 50 characters.
Any way of getting to the "Title" and "Series Title" separately?
(Yes, I do realize that the "18" and "XVIII" repeat themselves here, and I would fix that if it were in a bibliography, but the question remains--can I get the simple title, series title, and volume number separately?)
Jon
Site Admin

Re: "Title" field in reference format for edited book

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce your problem. In the example you posted, with your format order field, I get the title as part of the name (XVII Simposio...), not the Series Title.

Rebuild your library.

If you still have a problem please contact techs support directly (support@sonnysoftware.com) and send your format and library.

Jon
Sonny Software