Import from Word field codes?

Users asking other users for import filters.
anion

Import from Word field codes?

Post by anion »

I have the following type of material (extracted Word field codes from a document formatted with Reference Manager).

Any suggestions as to the best way of getting it into my beloved Bookends?

Thanks

ADDIN
REFMGR.CITE <Refman><Cite><Author>Andersen</Author><Year>1980</Year><RecNum>15158</RecNum><IDText>Two different responses of hippocampal pyramidal cells to application of gamma-amino butyric acid</IDText><MDL Ref_Type="Journal"><Ref_Type>Journal</Ref_Type><Ref_ID>15158</Ref_ID><Title_Primary>Two different responses of hippocampal pyramidal cells to application of gamma-amino butyric acid</Title_Primary><Authors_Primary>Andersen,P.</Authors_Primary><Authors_Primary>Dingledine,R.</Authors_Primary><Authors_Primary>Gjerstad,L.</Authors_Primary><Authors_Primary>Langmoen,I.A.</Authors_Primary><Authors_Primary>Laursen,A.M.</Authors_Primary><Date_Primary>1980/8</Date_Primary><Keywords>AFFERENTS</Keywords><Keywords>alveus</Keywords><Keywords>animals</Keywords><Keywords>Article</Keywords><Keywords>basket cell</Keywords><Keywords>CA1</Keywords><Keywords>Calcium</Keywords><Keywords>cell membrane</Keywords><Keywords>cells</Keywords><Keywords>conductance</Keywords><Keywords>current</Keywords><Keywords>CURRENTS</Keywords><Keywords>cytology</Keywords><Keywords>delivery</Keywords><Keywords>dendrite</Keywords><Keywords>dendrites</Keywords><Keywords>depolarization</Keywords><Keywords>drug effects</Keywords><Keywords>equilibrium</Keywords><Keywords>excitatory</Keywords><Keywords>excitatory synapses</Keywords><Keywords>extracellular space</Keywords><Keywords>Gaba</Keywords><Keywords>gamma aminobutyric acid</Keywords><Keywords>gamma-Aminobutyric Acid</Keywords><Keywords>guinea pigs</Keywords><Keywords>hippocampal</Keywords><Keywords>hippocampal slice</Keywords><Keywords>hippocampal slices</Keywords><Keywords>hippocampus</Keywords><Keywords>Hyperpolarization</Keywords><Keywords>IN</Keywords><Keywords>in vitro</Keywords><Keywords>IN-VITRO</Keywords><Keywords>inhibition</Keywords><Keywords>intracellular recording</Keywords><Keywords>intracellular recordings</Keywords><Keywords>magnesium</Keywords><Keywords>membrane potentials</Keywords><Keywords>neurons</Keywords><Keywords>pharmacology</Keywords><Keywords>physiology</Keywords><Keywords>Population</Keywords><Keywords>population spike</Keywords><Keywords>pyramidal</Keywords><Keywords>pyramidal cell</Keywords><Keywords>pyramidal cells</Keywords><Keywords>release</Keywords><Keywords>Research Support,Non-U.S.Gov&apos;t</Keywords><Keywords>RESPONSES</Keywords><Keywords>resting potential</Keywords><Keywords>slice</Keywords><Keywords>slices</Keywords><Keywords>spike</Keywords><Keywords>STIMULATION</Keywords><Keywords>Synapse</Keywords><Keywords>synapses</Keywords><Keywords>synaptic</Keywords><Keywords>synaptic currents</Keywords><Keywords>synaptic transmission</Keywords><Keywords>transmission</Keywords><Reprint>Not in File</Reprint><Start_Page>279</Start_Page><End_Page>296</End_Page><Periodical>J.Physiol</Periodical><Volume>305</Volume><Web_URL>PM:7441554</Web_URL><ZZ_JournalStdAbbrev><f name="System">J.Physiol</f></ZZ_JournalStdAbbrev><ZZ_WorkformID>1</ZZ_WorkformID></MDL></Cite></Refman>
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

This is some kind of homebrew markup (like XML but not). It's not really in a form suitable for importing into Bookends, I'm afraid. You could hack something for a filter, I suppose, by doing some global search/replaces in a text editor so that Returns are inserted between field, and then doing a global delete for end tags (those preceded by </).

In the filter, you would then enter the markup delimiters as tags, e.g.

<Author> -> Authors

As I said, it would kind of work, but requires pre- (and no doubt post-) manipulation.

Jon
Sonny Software