Univ of Chicago

Users asking other users for import filters.
dayton

Univ of Chicago

Post by dayton »

Hi,

I'm just beginning to use Bookends and am wondering if anyone has developed a filter for The University of Chicago library system. I tried to put something together, but I'm not having much success. I found a page (http://www.lib.uchicago.edu/e/using/bib ... z3950.html) which seems to specify all the relevant info, but would be very happy if someone already had done this.

Thanks!
myeary

also looking for help

Post by myeary »

I second this -- tried to cobble something together myself, but still stuck with "0 references imported". Anyone else have some luck with this?

Thanks,

Mark
dayton

U of C Filter

Post by dayton »

Hi Mark,

I did end up putting something together - you can download it here. Just drop that file in your Library/Application Support/Bookends/Custom Import Filters folder and you should be good to go.

Let me know if it doesn't work!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

You have to zip the filter or it will lose its metadata when downloaded (and not work). I will include this filter with a subsequent udpate -- I also have a zipped version that I can provide to anyone who wants it.

Jon
Sonny Software
dayton

Post by dayton »

Thanks, Jon. I've uploaded a zipped version -- it can be found here. I can't say it's perfect or complete, but I tweaked it enough to where it works for me.

Best wishes,

John
myeary

Thanks!

Post by myeary »

I unzipped and installed the file, and it seems to work just fine. Thanks!

- Mark
dayton

Post by dayton »

Glad to hear it!
hitt

Problems installing UChicago

Post by hitt »

I followed instructions, but the decompressed ZIP UChicago file downloaded from your URL is a blank icon, and when placed in ~/Library/Application Support/ Bookends/Custom import filters does not then appear in the list of libraires searchable on the internet. What is wrong?
paiweni humandus arawahhueni