Add/Remove groups to WiFi sync service?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
DrJJWMac

Add/Remove groups to WiFi sync service?

Post by DrJJWMac »

I am using WiFi sync with only a specific group to the main macOS library. I have decided that I want to add additional groups to the sync setup.

Where should we go to add/remove groups that we want to sync after we have already initiated the WiFi sync? What steps do we need to take?
--
JJW
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Add/Remove groups to WiFi sync service?

Post by Jon »

You can do this in the dialog that comes up when you initiate the sync. If you don't see it, go to the setting in Bookends for iOS and make sure auto-sync wi-fi is turned off.

Jon
Sonny Software
DrJJWMac

Post by DrJJWMac »

Got it. Thanks.
--
JJW
tappazee

Post by tappazee »

I use the cloud sync function rather than wifi. Is there a way to get smart groups created on Mac to replicate as static groups on iOS using iOS sync as is described for wifi sync here: https://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/wifisync/ ?

I'm sure it's been requested before and there are lots of technical challenges, but of course more sync-capacity for smart groups would be great. My smart groups tend to be very simple, e.g. 'x' appears in any field, or 'x' appears in keyword field - the latter at least seems within iOS's capabilities.

Thanks
Serge

Post by Serge »

Thanks for the feedback. Improvements in smart groups is on our roadmap.