notecards

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
vinschger

notecards

Post by vinschger »

On bookends macos I can select text in a pdf and then directly "add as notecard" or "add as quote" to the notesstream/notecards. On bookends for ios I can select, but then have only the option to highlight (not to mark as quote or add as notecard directly, but have to copy the annotations manually afterwards one by one to the notecards/notestream). in order to have the same functionality on ios as on macos, is there a way to select text on ios bookends and highlight&add as notecard directly within the pdf (maybe I have missed it), or a possibility to transfer all highlighted text to the notecards (and not manually one by one) afterwards, which would make the experience more similar to macos bookends?

or is there an applescript that would allow to copy all highlighted text of multiple pdfs to notecards that I could run on selected references within bookends (either on macos or on ios)?

maybe anyone has a good idea...
Serge

Re: notecards

Post by Serge »

Thank you, for your feature request, we will try to implement "add as notecard" in one of future updates.
vinschger

Post by vinschger »

wow - this would be great... (similar as on macos) I would then be able to select text in a pdf with the iapd-pen and directly highlight&add as notecard without an additional step, that would be fantastic!!! do I understand you correctly?
I would be interested in beta testing ... and giving feedback...

@Serge: how can you implement this? as far as ai have understood, you are using a third party engine for highlighting pdf text... is it still possible to add such a feature?
vinschger

Post by vinschger »

I use the "highlight&add as notecard" feature in macos bookends very often. Is there any news about such a feature in the ios app? Having the possibility to select text, highlight and add as a notecard with one touch would be a welcome feature for the ios app, too.
Serge

Post by Serge »

This is the next feature we want to implement after the June release.