Using the Bookends for iOS forum

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Jon
Site Admin

Using the Bookends for iOS forum

Post by Jon »

This forum is intended for discussions about Bookendsfor iOS devices. Of course there may be some overlap with the Bookends for Mac forum. To help make the decision about where to post: if the issue concerns using Bookends for iOS or syncing Bookends for iOS with Bookends for Mac, you've come to the right place.

Note that like the Bookends for Mac forum, this forum is not intended for tech support (i.e. don't post here when things "don't work"). Tech support requests should be sent to

bookendsontap@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Re: Bookends On Tap Forum

Post by gke »

Jon, awesome! I had been dreaming of such a solution for years, experimented with access to hosted BE databases from my Palm device, but it all simply did not work well enough, and of course, did not offer the possibility of actually adding and changing references on the go. Bookends on Tap is one of the first apps which really turn my iPhone into a tool rather than a gadget. I just submitted a review to the app-store.

Wish-list for possible future development; ability to download references from WorldCat, as in BE on Mac.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thank you very much. We'll be making lots of improvements in BOT. I can't say right now about WorldCat, but we'll add it to the list of requested features.

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Post by gke »

Can I add a further feature request then? Keyword auto-completion, or any other way of guaranteeing data-consistency upon entering keywords (selecting from a list of existing values) - in fact much more important that WorldCat online search, now that I think of it.
gke

Post by gke »

Just finished my first day of library work and BOT lived up to expectations - a powerful tool. One thing I missed, was the "City" field when you manually enter a new reference - in my field (history) the place of publication is crucial bibliographic information and now I can only add it when I edit references already inserted, which makes one have to chance back and forth between editing and entering mode all the time.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

This is the announcement page for this forum, which I forgot to lock until after your first post. It's locked now, but I guess you can still reply to it. Please post this issue in a new thread in the Bookends On Tap forum and delete it from this thread. We'll discuss it there.

Jon
Sonny Software