Feature Requests

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Mads

Re: Feature Requests

Post by Mads »

Ok, so since we're at it.
When highlighting, it would be convenient to set the color fixed. I like to use green, but BoT always highlights in light yellow. I can then change the color subsequently, yes, but it would just be easier if BoT would stick to green until i change it again.

Also, I sometimes experience that, when continuing annotation of a pdf from previous, BoT jumps to the top of the document and removes some or all of the annotations. Even the older ones. I have no clue what might cause this, but I get the impression that BoT isn't too stable in working with older pdf-files.

But the new annotation features of BoT are great!

Rgds.,
Mads
Serge

Post by Serge »

Thank you, we will try to fix these issues.
taja

Post by taja »

reltm wrote: 1. The ability to see and export/email a summary of all highlighted text and text box notes.
+1 for this; Skim, and now Preview on Mac OS X allow allow this, but having it in BoT would prevent users having to open PDFs annotated in BoT on the Mac in Skim or Preview, convert the annotations to text and export them. This requires keeping track of PDFs that have been annotated in BoT, and adds a lot more steps to what is quite a common academic workflow...
taja

Post by taja »

I see that Jon has already responded to a similar request here: viewtopic.php?f=7&t=3224 - so it is of course possible to copy PDF annotations to a BoT field and have them sync back to Bookends.

For me at least (but also I imagine other users who use Skim in conjunction with Bookends and export all their annotations in discrete files), this is too clunky to do with lots of annotations. The Skim scripts available below might be helpful in that scenario.
https://www.sugarsync.com/pf/D472554_2740135_453579
http://sourceforge.net/apps/mediawiki/s ... ll_Scripts