Attachment / Server

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
mkhabbaz

Attachment / Server

Post by mkhabbaz »

new BOT user, and must say that I am so glad that I have BOT now. Being a BE user for more than 6 years, it took less than 4 minutes to get my library on the go with BOT. Again, BOT is great tool with great future ahead of it, thanks to the dev team.

a disclaimer is due: this might be discussed before but i was not able to get it through search, so if it is & I have missed, my apologies in advance.

So here is my question: is it possible now (or in the near future) to have BOT pull attachment from BE ? sorta "Attachments on demand" feature in combination with the 'server' functionality which is already in BE!

when I synced my library, it also synced attachment, which in my case I dont need all because most of the information I need is in the database file. I understand that this might mean that BE has to be running all the time (which is okay for me).

I currently use this approach with my media (video clips, audio clips, photos) with Plexapp, where my data lives at home but I can access it (streaming) to ipad.

again, I'm not a developer so I dont know how challenging this could be or if it is already implemented!
I would appreciate any comments.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Attachment / Server

Post by Jon »

If you mean can Bookends Server let you request attachments on demand from a browser? The answer is yes. There are examples of this in the User Guide (in the Server section). You can do this with Mobile Safari right now. And I image you could with the built-in WebKit browser in BOT, too.

Jon
Sonny Software