exporting annotations

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
jojoba

exporting annotations

Post by jojoba »

I like the annotation features in BOT, and was wondering if there is a way to export the annotations? Thanks!

Edited to add: as a text document, not the flattened pdf.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: exporting annotations

Post by Jon »

No, I don't believe so. As I understand it, the text is embedded in the pdf. You should be able to copy it out, however, in Bookends (using WebKit to display pdfs) and then treat it as text.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

To make sure I understand you...you see the annotations in Bookends when you sync back (and Use WebKit to display pdfs is checked)? Or not?

Jon
Sonny Software
jojoba

Post by jojoba »

Jon wrote:To make sure I understand you...you see the annotations in Bookends when you sync back (and Use WebKit to display pdfs is checked)? Or not?

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks, Jon, I haven't tried yet, but I will. The reason why I'm asking is that all my literature notes end up in Circus Ponies notebooks, due to its ability to tag sections of text from different sources, and link different pages with each other. Therefore, I'm looking for options to export annotations made in Bookends to Circus Ponies Notebooks. When I used Sente, there was a script that facilitated exportation of annotations and notecards as a plain text file. Alternatively, if I annotate my pdfs in iAnnotate, this app allows me to export annotations as text via email. So, I'm wondering whether there is a similar option in BE that allows my annotations to be integrated in CPN, either from BOT or from BE for mac.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No, the annotations made in Bookends On Tap are embedded in the pdf. You can of course copy and paste them into a BOT field, which will sync with Bookends and can be output as text (to a file or the bibliography window) based on any format you like or create (Biblio -> Bibliography Formatter).

Jon
Sonny Software