BOT Sync and attachments

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
macvet

BOT Sync and attachments

Post by macvet »

I was thinking of a neat way to only have those PDF attachments on board which I will really use when on tour with the iPad. I don't need all of my thousands of attachments with me (to keep some iPad space for other apps), but I need some PDF files having more than 50 MB. So I couldn't use the size parameter to define the PDF files which should be synced.
I thought that transfering first all references without attachments and after that just a Bookends static group "reading list" with attachments would do the job. But when I start the second sync procedure by choosing selected groups with attachments and the "reading list" group marked, Bookends syncs all attachments and isn't accepting my wish to only sync the group reading list.

It's BOT 2.2.4 and BE 12.0.7 because I have to stick with Mac OS X 10.6.8. Maybe the newer version is handling this different?

Kind regards,
macvet
Jon
Site Admin

Re: BOT Sync and attachments

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure I understand exactly what you're syncing. If you select two static groups, one with reference that don't have attachments and one with your reading list of refs with attachments, the entire database is syncing? Please contact tech support to follow this up.

Jon
Sonny Software