can't sync

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
vladimir72

can't sync

Post by vladimir72 »

Hi,

I can't sync bookends on tap. My ipad is directly connected in wifi to my imac. Firewall is disabled. From BOT I choose add a library. The ipad is correctly recognized by bookends on the mac and I can enter the passcode and press the "link" button. At this point the wheel starts to spin on the ipad close to the library name, which is correctly identified, but nothing happens. The library name remains grayed out and I can't sync. I removed the library and reconnected it several times but I always stop at the same point.

Could you please help me?

Thank you,
Vladimir
Jon
Site Admin

Re: can't sync

Post by Jon »

Please see the troubleshooting section at the end of the user guide

http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/docs/

I'd try creating a local network and see if that helps. If not, please followup with tech support.

Jon
Sonny Software
vladimir72

Post by vladimir72 »

As I wrote in the previous message, I am on a local network. The firewall is disabled. There are no other steps mentioned in the troubleshooting guide which is extremely short. In the meanwhile I also reset the router, changed the channel of the wi-fi, reindexed and repaired the library, restarted and reinstalled bookend on both on the ipad and the mac, created another empty library and started from scratch. This is getting really annoying. What do you mean by "follow-up" with thech support? I was under the impression that this forum is tech support.

Thanks,
Vladimir
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No, this forum is not for tech support. Please see this

viewtopic.php?f=2&t=2038

Jon
Sonny Software