URL scheme?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
mark_s

URL scheme?

Post by mark_s »

Is there any chance you'll implement a URL scheme to make Bookends on Tap play better with other apps?
Possible uses I can think of include:
-- being able to access files on Dropbox, Editorial, etc., instead of being confined to what I'm willing to sync and carry around with me on the device;
-- ability to link to a specific reference in Bookends from notes in a text file or wiki elsewhere on one's iDevice;
-- the ability to open a note in Drafts or Editorial or whatever in Bookends as the starting point of a new note (the number of fields filled would be limited, I assume, by the URL scheme of the note-taking app.
Serge

Re: URL scheme?

Post by Serge »

And such exported notes should have some callback url also at the bottom, to navigate from the note-taking app to BOT right to that reference?
mark_s

Post by mark_s »

That would certainly be convenient.
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Apologies for jumping in here - but with Scrivener for iOS being imminent, will BEoT be able to 'speak' with Scriv iOS? In other words, assuming the latter is actually a viable alternative to writing on iOS, could BEoT be used for the insertion of citations whilst writing on iOS?

Would this be something only to be done from the BE side, or would I need to pop something up at Literature and Latte?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We're working on a possible generic solution for this sort of thing, but of course it might be much easier (and be made more powerful) if apps cooperated (something that Apple has made very difficult in iOS). So please, yes, let Keith know you're interested in this (as are we).

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:We're working on a possible generic solution for this sort of thing, but of course it might be much easier (and be made more powerful) if apps cooperated (something that Apple has made very difficult in iOS). So please, yes, let Keith know you're interested in this (as are we).

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks Jon. Will do.