Setup question: where are devices?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
ZC1ifi

Setup question: where are devices?

Post by ZC1ifi »

I installed BOT lite on my iPhone to check it out. I choose the "Sync" option, then "Add library". It gives me a passcode with the instruction to "open Bookends and select [my]iPhone from the devices list". I presume this refers to a copy of Bookends on my Mac, but I cannot find a "Devices List" there. It is certainly not one of the main menu items (Bookends, File, Edit, Fonts, Biblio, etc); so why not tell the first user where to look instead of sending him/her on a wild goose chase? I can't find it as a menu item in Preferences and when I check File>Synced iOS Device Info I am presented (as expected) with an empty list. So where are the Devices?
Serge

Re: Setup question: where are devices?

Post by Serge »

Please take a look at “Sync References and Attachments With Bookends On The Mac” section of the User Guide:
http://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/docs/
ZC1ifi

Re: Setup question: where are devices?

Post by ZC1ifi »

Thanks but your link was almost as bad as the cryptic message I reported earlier, but that is because of the awfully primitive "User Guide" (the name is really a misnomer). I went to this page before and scrolled down (!!!) quite a bit to find the necessary info. There was nothing. Now I found it more than 2/3 of the way down. Is it too much to ask to have a TOC and perhaps a link on this page called "Setup"? Even better would be better info in the app itself (perhaps where on the screen to look for devices?).

PS. In case you are wondering how I could have missed the obvious ... when I first tried to set up BOT it did NOT switch automatically between the iOS device and the Mac nor did t show the small window with the name of the device in it at the bottom left hand corner.