Silly question

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Sergio

Silly question

Post by Sergio »

I have been (not at all happy) Sente user for several years. Thanks to the new version 12.5 filters I'm finally achieving to move on and enjoy Bookend’s power and speed. However BoT seems less powerful than Sente for ipad, but I hope that this change in the near future. However I must to a silly question regarding the use of Bot... It is possible/recommendable to sync all my records (7gb) in my ipad but only a few records on mi iphone?
Thanks
Cassady

Re: Silly question

Post by Cassady »

Hmmm. I didn't know it until now, but I'd also like to know the answer to this question.

Would be very useful. In my case - I'd prefer to sync all my references, but WITHOUT the PDF attachments. That would save space, but still allow me to see what I had (I'd then read up on the iPad).

If the latter isn't possible, then selective syncing would be the next best thing.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Yes, both devices can be synced with the same Bookends library and, for example, on your iPad you can choose "All references" and on iPhone "Selected groups" (static and smart) to limit the number of references transferred.
Currently BOT has just one option for attachments: transfer files with references or not, later more options will be added, for example, to transfer attachments for specified groups only.
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Serge wrote:Yes, both devices can be synced with the same Bookends library and, for example, on your iPad you can choose "All references" and on iPhone "Selected groups" (static and smart) to limit the number of references transferred.
Currently BOT has just one option for attachments: transfer files with references or not, later more options will be added, for example, to transfer attachments for specified groups only.
Fantastic. Just synced to my iPhone, without attachments – worked perfectly! Thanks!
Serge

Post by Serge »

Cassady wrote:Fantastic. Just synced to my iPhone, without attachments – worked perfectly! Thanks!
Thank you very much for such a nice review on the App Store! We really appreciate it, because it helps other users make their choice, and more importantly, it motivates us even more to add new and nice features for future releases. Thank you!
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Serge wrote:
Cassady wrote:Fantastic. Just synced to my iPhone, without attachments – worked perfectly! Thanks!
Thank you very much for such a nice review on the App Store! We really appreciate it, because it helps other users make their choice, and more importantly, it motivates us even more to add new and nice features for future releases. Thank you!
Ah - pleasure! 8)

I don't write them often, but make a point of putting something up when it is deserved!