Notecards with Quoted Text

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
dave83

Notecards with Quoted Text

Post by dave83 »

Serge,

In the Bookends forum, Jon, mentioned a forthcoming feature to create editable notecards with quotes (highlighed text) and user notes. Will this feature also be included in Bookends On Tap?
Jon wrote:We're going one better. In the next update you'll be able to highlight text and create an editable notecard at the same time (with a new quote feature where the highlighted text will be indented and rendered in gray).

Jon
Sonny Software
This is very welcome feature and desirable since I review most of my literature on my iPad.

Cheers,
Dave
Cheers,
Dave
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Notecards with Quoted Text

Post by Jon »

This feature is not included in Bookends On Tap. Whether it will be in the future or not hasn't been decided.

Jon
Sonny Software
Serge

Post by Serge »

I’m exploring support for quoted text in Bookends On Tap and will see what’s possible.
dave83

Post by dave83 »

Any update on adding this feature?
Cheers,
Dave
Serge

Post by Serge »

Sorry, we have nothing to report now, we're busy working on other features.
dave83

Post by dave83 »

Serge, Jon,

Any updates on adding this capability to BOT?
Cheers,
Dave
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We’ve been working hard on major new features for BOT, such as cloud sync. We hope to have this completed by the time iOS 10 is released (usually early Fall). Once that is done we’re going to go through all feature requests that haven’t been implemented and try to add them if possible.

Jon
Sonny Software
bobb

Post by bobb »

If it helps, I find myself using GoodNotes instead of BoT to annotate, read, and understand papers. I like that I can write nicely with my apple pencil, and extract figures and bits of text. My wishes for the future would be to:

1) have a good way to annotate PDF text and extract it to a notecard (I gather this is planned?)
2) be able to handwrite notes with the apple pencil and incorporate them into Bookends. I now do this by uploading things to dropbox and then adding them as attachments, but I'd rather do it directly and see my notes as note cards. Handwriting recognition seems like it would be a real bonus.
3) have the apple pencil work more smoothly (I also gather this is planned?).

Thanks. Just some friendly comments from a new user. Maybe these are already possible and I am missing them?
Serge

Post by Serge »

PDF annotations it’s a very important feature for our app but it’s not the main feature, I’m afraid we will never be as good as standalone applications doing just pdf editing like PDF Expert or GoodReader. That’s why we have smart export/import functionality to be able to replace current PDF with edited version from one of that apps. But of course a lot of things will be improved in the next major release of BOT. After BOT 2 release we will revise all small feature requests from forum at first, and then will start implementing the bigger one like better integration of pdf annotations with notes stream, etc.
apap

Post by apap »

Hello Serge,

What are the "smart export/import functionality to be able to replace current PDF with edited version from one of that apps"? Are these present now in BOT or are they coming in BOT2. Thanks, Andreas
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

apap

Post by apap »

Thanks Jon, I missed this BoT feature. Andreas