Feature request: copy unique ID

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
jaroslaw

Feature request: copy unique ID

Post by jaroslaw »

Copy and paste from Bookends on Tap to Ulysses Mobile, Scrivener for iPad (forthcoming), etc. It would be very useful for writing/research workflow.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: copy unique ID

Post by Jon »

We agree.

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

A HUGE +1 to add to the above.

Scrivener for iPad is a little powerhouse. DevonthinkToGo2 is imminent, and looking very solid.

Being able to share/import the citation references from BoT into Scrivener iPad will close the loop. Really looking forward to seeing what the iOS10 update brings!
emiliospeciale

Post by emiliospeciale »

Absolutely! This is needed: a must.
Thanks.
Emilio Speciale
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon, could the following work as a temporary(?) solution?

If a script/KM macro (something similar) could be used to copy the unique-identifier code/number into one of the "open"/user-defined fields that is currently read/synced to BoT, then that info would be pulled over to BoT?

Over in Scrivener iOS, the user would then type

{Author, 1997, #
->>- jump into BoT, search/confirm/copy the number (if they choose to); jump back and type/paste that code ->>-
@pagenumber}.

I realise one could simply choose not to use the unique code, amd have BE comfirm things when the Scan happens, but the code certainly gives me peace of mind that I am referring to the correct source/citation.

Regardless, the above - feasible, in your opinion? If so, will have a looksie at what I can come up with...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You could probably get the unique id in a script (field = "uniqueid") and do something like that, but why not wait until iOS 10 is released ? We're going to have a much better solution...

Jon
Sonny Software
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Jon wrote:You could probably get the unique id in a script (field = "uniqueid") and do something like that, but why not wait until iOS 10 is released ? We're going to have a much better solution...

Jon
Sonny Software
Thanks for the quick reply. It is just around the corner... It's certainly turning into a good year for iOS productivity! Good luck with the developing. 8)
midas

Post by midas »

I'm just catching up on this thread because i think it is related to a feature request that i just submitted. Has this feature been implemented? If so, i must be not seeing how to do it. Any assistance would be appreciated.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We haven't released the next version of Bookends for iOS yet.

Jon
Sonny Software