Feature request: split screen working

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
roger

Feature request: split screen working

Post by roger »

Having started using Scrivener for iOS, it would be great if Bookends on Tap could be opened using the split screen feature. Being able to use it alongside Scrivener would be great, especially if an easy way were found to copy/paste across reference ID's.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Feature request: split screen working

Post by Jon »

Stay tuned.

Jon
Sonny Software
jse75

Post by jse75 »

Soooooo...any update? Sadly, iPad Pro 12.9" and good Pencil and Split Screen support are lacking amongst the options for reference managers. Papers is dead, Sente is dead, ReadCube, well, not a huge fan of the interface (understatement). Bookends and On Tap are my only hope :-)

In addition to Split Screen support (great for using Notes or other apps simultaneously) I'd love to see Bookends On Tap differentiate between Apple Pencil input and finger/touch input. Eg maybe there is a setting where pencil input automatically activates the last used annotation mode, so you don't need to turn it on specifically. And also so you can easily scroll using a finger while annotation mode is activated, without making stray "finger marks."
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

We've been saying that the goal was to have these features ready by the time iOS 10 was released, and I think we're on track (not for release the exact same day but reasonably soon thereafter).

As for differentiating between the pencil and touch, I have nothing to add about that.

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. I understand why you say Sente is dead, but why Papers? Because they were bought by ReadCube? They are still releasing updates, and as I understand it plan to merge the functionalities of each. Having said that, I have no insider information, just what I read in public posts.
jse75

Post by jse75 »

Great to hear it is on track! Will look forward to it.

I like the idea of differentiating b/w Pencil and touch, so hopefully nothing to add means "mums the word" :)

Maybe dead is too strong a word for Papers, if they really are successful in integrating it into ReadCube. But there haven't been any Papers iOS updates since May, the updates prior to ReadCube's purchase were few and far between, and while they did add some iPad Pro support, it is not sufficient. I will look forward to the merged functionalities of each but Papers really got very buggy on both the Mac and iOS sides, especially with sync support (Dropbox). Will see what happens, I guess...
midas

Post by midas »

+1 for split screen... would be a big boost.

P.s. From what I'm reading on this board in various threads, a major release for On Tap is coming up. That's great.... but, count me as a fan of stepwise updates over major releases that dump a large number of features all at once. For example, split screen has been around for many months (maybe a year?). I for one don't mind a subscription pricing model if that means stepwise improvements will steadily bring new features into the app on a more continuous basis.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Noted.

Jon
Sonny Software