Multiple issues with sync

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
kga1978

Multiple issues with sync

Post by kga1978 »

Just adding to my previous suggestion about group-specific attachment syncing. It unfortunately turns out that I can get syncing to properly work at all. A couple of things:

1. I read the iOS user guide and followed the "To create the Bookends iOS sync folder on your Mac, you must perform a few extra steps.".
2. I have set up iCloud sync on Bookends on Mac (12.8 ) (see attachment 1)
3. I add a PDF reference to Bookends on Mac and it transfers to a 'bot' iCloud folder - however, the file won't sync (see attachment 2). I have plenty of storage in my iCloud Drive, so that's not the problem.
4. Even after importing a PDF in Bookends for iOS, the 'Bookends' iCloud folder doesn't show up (see attachment 3).
5. The reference that synced from iOS to Mac can't be displayed on the Mac (see attachment 4).
6. Smart-folders don't sync between iOS and Mac?
Attachments
4. iOS import.png
4. iOS import.png (54.64 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
3. iCloud Drive.png
3. iCloud Drive.png (99.48 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
2. iCloud Drive.png
2. iCloud Drive.png (180.91 KiB) Viewed 4505 times
kga1978

Re: Multiple issues with sync

Post by kga1978 »

Attachment 1 wouldn't attach - trying here.
Attachments
1. MacSettings.jpg
1. MacSettings.jpg (90.42 KiB) Viewed 4502 times
Serge

Re: Multiple issues with sync

Post by Serge »

If there is no Bookends folder in iCloud Drive on Mac, but it's there in iCloud Drive on iOS please download this helper app.
It will create a temporary file (can be deleted after) in that folder forcing macOS to show it.

Bookends and Bookends for iOS use different search engines and have very different search capabilities, so a smart group on one won’t work on the other. But it's planned to add the same way of converting smart groups to static groups on sync as was done for Bookends Wi-Fi sync.