Autocomplete on iOS?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Autocomplete on iOS?

Post by Jon »

Sure. You can make a smart choice that identifies PDFs that were imported but don't have the metadata. There are lots of ways that you could define these to minimize false positives. For example, find references where the fields author, editor, and date are empty but title is not. That's just off the top of my head.

Also, you can still do a Move (not a Copy) to a specific Bookends folder if you want. The folder in question is not a Finder folder but a Bookends database folder. Where the actual PDF resides is irrelevant. So have Bookends move it. Leaving it in the Finder's watch folder is only meant for groups where more than one person wants to be able to import the shared pdfs.

Jon
Sonny Software
FredS

Post by FredS »

So the DropBox model has a little issue. For some reason, after the import, there are two references, one has an attachment and the other doesn't. I created a fresh library with no references and the same thing happens. I also tried it with iCloud, same result. Im wondering why this would happen. The PDF file would go from iOS, to a DropBox folder. Then on the Mac, is gets moved (not copied, thanks, Jon) to BE. But I get two references. If the watch folder is not connected to cloud sharing, it works fine.
-----------------------------
My current research:

http://www.FredSahakian.com

Toolkit: Bookends, MaxQDA, PDF Expert, IA Writer, MindNode, OmniFocus, SwiftText, DEVONthink, Alfred, and ClipMenu
-----------------------------
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

It sounds like you're adding the reference twice -- once in iOS (so it syncs to the Mac) and the second time on the Mac (via the watch folder). Do one or the other. Please take this off-forum and contact tech support.(support@sonnysoftware.com).

Jon
Sonny Software