Wifi: the PDF annotations are not synced

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Dellu

Wifi: the PDF annotations are not synced

Post by Dellu »

I made annotations on the ipad BoT--> I synced with the Wifi.
or, annotate on the mac Be --> sync

The earlier annotations do appear: but, the latest annotations do't appear on the mac do not reflect on the sync. The notes I made on the mac BE immediately appear on the Ipad: but, the pdf annotation do only after a long time (may be hours of gap?).

The wifi sync seems to update only the reference data and the notes: not the pdf itself.

can you explain what is happening?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Wifi: the PDF annotations are not synced

Post by Jon »

Sorry, but this is confusing. I can't tell if you're mixing wifi sync with cloud sync. And I can't tell if it works from Mac -> iOS but not from iOS -> Mac. And finally, I can't tell if it works "after a long time" or never. And I can't tell if some annotations work (early ones) and some don't. Finally, are you making a distinction between PDF annotations and Bookends entries in the Notes field (notes)?

Please explain again with defined terms, perhaps this time with the steps you take, after each one saying what happens.

Jon
Sonny Software
Dellu

Post by Dellu »

Sorry, but this is confusing. I can't tell if you're mixing wifi sync with cloud sync. And I can't tell if it works from Mac -> iOS but not from iOS -> Mac. And finally, I can't tell if it works "after a long time" or never. And I can't tell if some annotations work (early ones) and some don't. Finally, are you making a distinction between PDF annotations and Bookends entries in the Notes field (notes)?

Please explain again with defined terms, perhaps this time with the steps you take, after each one saying what happens.
I am sorry for the lack of clarity.
1) I am not mixing: it is just about the wifi
2) mac-->ios; ios-->mac (both directions)
3) it does seem to sync after a long time. when I manually activate the sync, it syncs the PDF annotations from early pages of the article (which I annotate early); and leaves the lower (newer) annotations not synced
4) the Notes inserted in the BE's Note field are correctly synced. The problem is with the PDF annotations.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thank you.

With wifi sync there should be no latency for syncing of PDFs. Make sure that after the sync the PDF was closed on the synced device and then reopened to make sure you're looking at the newly uploaded/downloaded version.

If that's not the problem please email Serge for tech support.

support@referencesontap.com

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. He's at WWDC at the moment, so he'll get back to you next week when he's back.