iOS feature request(s)

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
MattN

iOS feature request(s)

Post by MattN »

I'm new to Bookends (a Sente refugee), but am rapidly wishing I had moved across earlier!
The iOS app is great - and the annotation tools are superb.

What I am really missing is an ability for the iOS app to either:
1. Remember recently viewed refs/PDFs (this would also be great to add to the Desktop app!)
2. Tabbed browsing for PDFs (much like on the Desktop app).

Currently, I find myself moving from one reference to another to cross-reference things, and it can be very time-consuming to re-find the previous reference/attachment. What is great currently at least is that the last read position of the PDF is remembered - please keep that feature!

Cheers, Matt

P.S. A Smart list capable of showing the last 10-15 references opened would probably be sufficient (but tabs would be even better of course!)
Last edited by MattN on Thu Jan 11, 2018 1:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MattN

Re: iOS feature request(s)

Post by MattN »

When browsing within a PDF, internal hyperlinked can be clicked taking the viewer to specific figures/pages/references etc.
This is excellent.

BUT: Please can you implement a "Back" arrow so that it is simple to navigate back to the prior location?

Ideally would be a pair of Forward/Back arrows with similar behaviour to those in macOS Preview.

Thanks again!
Serge

Post by Serge »

Bookends for iOS should remember the last read position of the PDF. It will be reset only when the PDF is modified outside of the app (cloud sync, or import from other app).

Also, BOT on iPad remembers the last viewed reference per group, it works like Mail.app on iPad. On iPhone I’m not sure that going between mailboxes will restore the last viewed email in the currently selected mailbox.
If I misunderstood something please send a detailed description with screenshots to bookendsontap@sonnysoftware.com

And thank you for other feature requests, we will review them.
MattN

Post by MattN »

Thanks Serge. Please let me clarify:

Yes. Bookends for iOS does remember the last viewed location within PDFs - this is great - please don't accidentally lose that essential feature.

What I was asking would be for there to be a way that Bookends for iOS can remember recently viewed PDFs - so that they can essentially be added to a "Recently viewed" smart list.

This would make it fairly quick to be able to read an extract in a PDF, browse the library, open another PDF, read that, then be able to flick back to the first PDF by looking within the "Recently Viewed" smart list.

As it is, I can waste minutes of my time trying to re-find the previous references that I've recently been viewing. It really kills my reading/research work-flow.

Ideally, the above Smart-list would complement a dedicated tabbed "Multi-PDF" viewer, where recently viewed PDFs became tabs that could be tapped between without needing to enter the reference list at all. Tabs would enhance the usefulness of the iPad app so much!
taja

Post by taja »

I agree that a recently-viwed smart list or menu in BoT would be very helpful.