Updating info in the reference list

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Checkcheggers

Updating info in the reference list

Post by Checkcheggers »

Hi,

I have been updating a few references where the details have imported incorrectly - such a correcting author names or publication years. When I make the amendments and then sync with iCloud, the info doesn’t update in the reference list - for example: I updated a few references where the author filed was populated with the date. The references were updated, but in the list of authors, those dates still appear. When I click on them, there are no references attached.

Is there a way of updating this as I have quite a lot of incorrect data.

Thanks for your help!
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Updating info in the reference list

Post by Jon »

You mean Term List (not reference list?). If so, note that Terms are not removed, just added. If you want to refresh the list (which will remove Terms that were deleted or changed) right-click on the Term List and choose Update Terms.

Jon
Sonny Software
Checkcheggers

Post by Checkcheggers »

Sorry - I knew my post wasn’t very clear. In ‘Smart lists’ when I click on ‘Authors’ I still have a number of dates at the top (2009, 2010, 2011 etc) even though I have since corrected the ‘author’ field on the actual paper. When I click on ‘author 2009’ for example, there is no attached reference.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Sorry, you lost me. Please contact tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com) and send your library. Tell me what to do to see this problem.

Jon
Sonny Software

P.S. Rebuild your library first, in case there's a problem with the index.
Checkcheggers

Post by Checkcheggers »

Thanks Jon, will do