Feature request: Citing multiple references at the same time

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
gavin

Feature request: Citing multiple references at the same time

Post by gavin »

Hello,

I moved to Bookends a few months ago from Papers as the reading and highlighting features of Papers on iOS are not good and don’t seem to be getting better. I am really enjoying using Bookends so far and it is the only reference manager that I would actually recommend to others for getting work done on the iPad. However, there is one feature that would really make it possible to shift all of my writing from the Mac to the iPad, the ability to export all of the citations for the reference section of a paper at the same time.

While Bookends does a great job of exporting individual references it does not (as far as I can tell) allow you to export more than one reference at a time. This means that creating the reference section of the paper involves exporting each reference one at a time (which can take a long time and increases the chances of accidentally skipping a reference).

While I know it is not possible to automate this process in the same way that it is done on a Mac, it would be enough just to be able to export all of the references in a group at the same time. I tend to keep all of the references for the paper that I am working on in the same group and being able to tap that group, or select all of the references in the group, and be able to copy the citations for all of those references to the clipboard at the same time would save so much time and be a great addition to the application.

Gavin
Serge

Re: Feature request: Citing multiple references at the same time

Post by Serge »

Gavin, thank you for your feature request.
It’s something we were discussing internally already and will try to implement.