Copy formatted citation not working

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
propofol

Copy formatted citation not working

Post by propofol »

In Bookends for iOS, I tap on a reference, then tap on the Share icon (top right), then Citation. At the bottom it says “tap to copy” and the style currently selected. Unfortunately, tapping it does nothing and the formatted citation is not copied to the clipboard. The formatted material does not show up in this dialog box. The space above the style name clearly is meant to hold the text but it is blank.

I am using a custom style for this. When I switch to a built-in style, it works correctly. However, the latter does not help me.

Thank you.
Serge

Re: Copy formatted citation not working

Post by Serge »

This should be fixed in the next update.
propofol

Post by propofol »

Thanks for the reply.
Axiom

Post by Axiom »

Likely the same/related issue that involves csl changes, on a fresh install of Bookends, on both an ipad and iphone, there are no default styles under citations. Attempting to import styles via a shared .csl file pops up the dialog asking to import, but no style ever appears.

Similarly, using the internal interface to select a style from the online Zotero database ends with no style imported. Attempting to click any of the links to trigger the import takes a LOT of clicks, patience, and some luck, as the file download/import dialog only seems to randomly trigger, if at all. When it does trigger, again, nothing shows up under the styles list.

So new installs are not showing any built-in styles, and fail to import custom styles, leaving the citation feature unusable.

Everything else seems to be solid.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Missing citation styles issue should be fixed in a software update in a week or two.
acavender

Post by acavender »

I'm glad I came across this thread. I just installed Bookends for iOS over the weekend, and this glitch was driving me nuts!!

I'm relieved to know that (a) I'm not the only one, and (b) there's a fix on the way.

(Unfortunately, my decision on whether to purchase Bookends for Mac will have to wait until there's a fix on the iOS side. I need it working well on both platforms in a way that suits my workflow for a purchase to make financial sense.)
planktic

Post by planktic »

I am also glad! Waiting for the fix...
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Make sure you have the latest Bookends for iOS release, this was already fixed.

Jon
Sonny Software