How to delete static group (folder) on iOS?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
acavender

How to delete static group (folder) on iOS?

Post by acavender »

I've searched the forums, to no avail, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. In the iOS app, I created a folder. I no longer want to use it, so I'd like to get rid of it. There are no references in the folder.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to delete the thing. A long press does not help. A swipe does not help (though it does for smart groups). There seems to be no way to edit the list of static groups and folders.

How do I make it go away?
RicoSalva

Re: How to delete static group (folder) on iOS?

Post by RicoSalva »

acavender wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 2:55 pm I've searched the forums, to no avail, so I'm hoping someone can help me out. In the iOS app, I created a folder. I no longer want to use it, so I'd like to get rid of it. There are no references in the folder.

For the life of me, I can't figure out how to delete the thing. A long press does not help. A swipe does not help (though it does for smart groups). There seems to be no way to edit the list of static groups and folders.

How do I make it go away?
I also need help with the same. If someone could tell us a solution it would be great,

Thanks in advance,
Regards
Rico
Serge

Re: How to delete static group (folder) on iOS?

Post by Serge »

Static groups can be deleted with the standard swipe to left action. Folders can’t be deleted as they usually contain other groups including smart groups which aren’t synced to Bookends for iOS. And deleting an “empty” folder on iOS will cause the folder with all its subgroups to be deleted when synced with Bookends for macOS. That’s why currently we just show folders on iOS without a deletion option. If the folder is empty in Bookends for Mac you can delete it there and then sync.