Notecards with quotes on iOS app

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
nickharambee

Notecards with quotes on iOS app

Post by nickharambee »

Hello,

I use the "Make Quoted PDF Highlight From Selection" option in the Mac version of Bookends and I am looking for something similar in the iOS version. I can see that there are notecards on the abstract view in the iOS app, but it seems that I can only generate new notecards on this page and so can't easily copy a quote from an article and create a note at the same time. It seems that the notes that are generated directly in the PDF view are not the same kind of notecards.

As I want to mostly use my iPad for reading and want to be able to create notes with quotes at the same time (which will appear in the Mac version in the notecard stream when synced) I am wondering how to go about this?

Thanks,

Nick
Serge

Re: Notecards with quotes on iOS app

Post by Serge »

Thank you for your feature request, the notes stream with functionality like on Mac is planned.
nickharambee

Post by nickharambee »

Thanks for the update Serge. Do you have an idea of when this will be ready?

And in the meantime, what's the best workaround? Should I just highlight on the iPad and then, when I am on the Mac, delete the highlight and replace it with the "Make Quoted PDF Highlight From Selection". It's clunky to have to delete and redo the highlight with note, but it seems like, once you have created a highlight there's not a simple way of just generating the note with quote. Or is there a way of doing this?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You can right-click on the locked notecard showing the highlighted text and add the selected PDF annotation to Bookends, which will create a new, editable, notecard from it.

Jon
Sonny Software
nickharambee

Post by nickharambee »

Hi Jon,

Sorry, I don't follow exactly what you mean. I don't seem to be able to right click on a highlight and create a notecard, but probably I have misunderstood.

Nick
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No, you right-click on the notecard (one showing the contents of a highlight). You'll see a list of options, one of which is to add the note to the database, in which case you can edit it.

Jon
Sonny Software