Export feature requests

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
derekvan

Export feature requests

Post by derekvan »

Hello,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to add the following features:

1. Ability to customize export, or perhaps something more conventional. My primary use case here is selecting a bunch of references and emailing to a student. I don't want the title/author separated from the rest of the reference information, and I don't want to send an abstract. Just a conventional reference line would be fine. RIS or BibTex are not appropriate for my students (in English, who aren't using Bookends or anything else to manage citations).
2. Ability to select several entries and create a Works Cited page from them (formatted with my choice of CSL), which I can then share with share sheet (and thus email, copy to clipboard, etc. etc.)

Thanks for considering,

Derek
Serge

Re: Export feature requests

Post by Serge »

I think it's a good example of what can be done with help of Siri Shortcuts. It’s a new topic for us, so it will take time to add some basic features. But then it will be possible to create your own export in any format you want.
mk7

Post by mk7 »

Just a +1 for this, and also a nod to what Serge says, I think this would be a perfect example of what Siri Shortcuts could enable (in addition to the other things I’ve mentioned in previous posts.)
derekvan

Post by derekvan »

Hi Serge,

Any updates on export or Siri Shortcuts support? I have seen a few updates of Bookends and am wondering if these features will make it into the development cycle soon.
Serge

Post by Serge »

Bookends for iOS v3.5.1:
Added a new export format option in Settings: "Same as Bibliography". Will export one or more references in the same style last used for citations.