Quickest way to sync new ipad?

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Cassady

Quickest way to sync new ipad?

Post by Cassady »

Hi all.

Just received my new 11" iPad Pro — restored the iCloud backup of my previous iPad, which was (by now), several months old.
As such, I have quite a few additional references inside BE 13, that are now not on the new iPad.
As in –– I want to keep the new references, and have them added to the new iPad.

What would be the quickest to get up and running?
I tried the "empty library" option — but that appeared to hang, possibly given how large my library and attachments are.
Could I simply delete the app and start over?

I don't mind either ways –- as long as whatever is done, allows the BE13 library to stay as is, and sync to the iPad (as opposed to the other way around).

Any suggestions would be appreciated!
Cassady

Re: Quickest way to sync new ipad?

Post by Cassady »

Any suggestions? :)
Serge

Post by Serge »

Yes, the app can be deleted, re-installed and fully re-synced, but is also should sync fine for the restored library... Are you using Wi-Fi of Cloud Sync?
Cassady

Post by Cassady »

Serge wrote: Wed Jul 01, 2020 7:52 am Yes, the app can be deleted, re-installed and fully re-synced, but is also should sync fine for the restored library... Are you using Wi-Fi of Cloud Sync?
Wi-fi sync, Serge. I have quite a large library –– which might explain issues with the "empty library". Will just delete, and re-install, if that will be simplest?
Serge

Post by Serge »

I would try to do usual Wi-Fi sync if libraries are linked and can see each other, of course. In case of some problems... delete, and re-install is the simplest method. I will check what can be wrong with emptying big libraries.