WiFi sync with iPadOS stopped working

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
eric_l

WiFi sync with iPadOS stopped working

Post by eric_l »

Since updating to the latest MacOS version of Bookends (13.5.1) wifi sync appears to be having problems. When using wifi sync with my existing two ipadOS devices, the ipadOS device would return the message 'library not found'.
My first attempted fixes were, checking same wifi network, restarting apps on both devices. Logging in and out of the mac.
My next attempted workaround was to remove one iPad from the list of paired devices and attempt to create a fresh pair and sync. On entering the PIN for pairing from the ipadOS device, Bookends on MacOS either produced the beachball and became unresponsive or froze with 'Remote Library PIN' dialogue box upmost.
I wasn't keen to delete the app from the iOS device as a next move, so have stopped there for now. Any suggestions?

==
MBP 13' 11.1
iPad Pro & Mini 2018 14.4 running latest versions of Bookends app.
Serge

Re: WiFi sync with iPadOS stopped working

Post by Serge »

Please try to delete Bookends for iOS from one of your iPads and try to sync it with a newly created temporary library on Mac. If it doesn't work please try to create a computer-to-computer network (just for a test) as described in the Troubleshooting Wi-Fi sync (https://www.sonnysoftware.com/bookendsontap/wifisync/). If no result please write to support@referencesontap.com.
eric_l

Post by eric_l »

Deleting the app and syncing a new temporary library has fixed the sync. Sorry I should have written last time that the sync had stopped in the same way using first version of 13.5 on one iPad and deleting the app had fixed the issue that time too. Shall I go ahead and try with my main library? (6.5k references)
eric_l

Post by eric_l »

Your suggestion seems to have kickstarted the wifi sync with the iPad with the main library on it too. I'll keep one iPad with the test library on it for the time being. Will update if the wifi sync stops working again.
eric_l

Post by eric_l »

After a couple of days, sync has stopped on both devices. Back to earlier state. Meantime had updated iOS to the tabbed reading version (3.6.2)
Serge

Post by Serge »

Stopped working with 'library not found' message in Bookends for iOS? Currently we did not receive any other reports about this problem, and it works fine on my testing.. Please write to support@referencesontap.com with more details and screenshots of every screen you seen on iOS and macOS during apps linking or wi-fi syncing.
eric_l

Post by eric_l »

Yes, on iOS. I'll email support given it looks like it's just my set-up that's not working. Thanks Serge.