[Feature Request] Share sheet "Quick add..." for selected text

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
iandol

[Feature Request] Share sheet "Quick add..." for selected text

Post by iandol »

I'd love to be able to select some text on iOS, say a DOI, and then be able to use the share sheet to trigger "Quick add..." with Bookends. I use an applescript all the time on macOS, but current copy / change app / select quick add / paste which is slower and takes me a bit out of my searching workflow. Thanks!
jhbarker

Re: [Feature Request] Share sheet "Quick add..." for selected text

Post by jhbarker »

Hi. I will second this request. I frequently do my reading on an iPad and reserve more complex tasks for the desktop. Being able to automate a quick add throughout iOS from selected text would be useful.
Jason
doclrb

Post by doclrb »

I have attempted all the ‘solutions’ that contributed to success the last time I experienced the Sharesheet issue and thus far none are successful. Also, the last time the developer contended this was an Apple issue and I was made to feel as if my persistence almost resulted in my being banned from the forum.

doclrb
doclrb
Les R. Becker, Ph.D., MS.MEdL, NRP, CHSE
lesrbecker2@gmail.com
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

This request has nothing to do with the issue you experienced. If you have evidence that it is not an issue with iOS or your device, we'd like to hear it (in another thread).

Jon
Sonny Software
SakuAlpha

Post by SakuAlpha »

I’d just like to support the addition of a Quick Add on the share sheet or as a Shortcuts action. If there is a url scheme for Quick Add that would be great too.
Mglo

Post by Mglo »

Agreed this would be a great feature. It would be ideal if it could accept the same inputs as the quick add feature in the app, especially PMIDs.
Thanks!