v3.7.3 issue with Standard in-app purchase

A place to discuss Bookends for iPad, iPhone, and iPod touch.
Serge

v3.7.3 issue with Standard in-app purchase

Post by Serge »

We've had one report from a user upgrading to 3.7.3 who lost his Standard in-app purchase and was unable to sync. When he tried to purchase again he was alerted that he already owned it and could get it again for free, which solved the problem. We'd like to see if this is a widespread issue. If you have encountered this with version 3.7.3, please post here with your device type and iOS/iPadOS version.
postdoctoral

Re: v3.7.3 issue with Standard in-app purchase

Post by postdoctoral »

I briefly saw an advert when I first opened the updated app.
In the settings, it showed that all in app purchases were already purchased (green checkmarks). I pressed “restore purchases” for good measure. Didn’t get any feedback after pressing it, but also have not seen any adverts since.
jaroslaw

Post by jaroslaw »

It looks like I lost my purchase. The app forces me to buy the standard version.
My device: iPad 10.2 7th generation.
Attachments
IMG_0332.jpg
IMG_0332.jpg (94.44 KiB) Viewed 8486 times
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

You might try Restore Purchases first. Assuming that doesn't work, please try to purchase it again, this time for free. You should see the message "You've already purchased this. Would you like to get it for free?".

If you see that message, complete the free purchase and it should work again. If you don't see that message, do NOT pay again. Instead please post a screen snap of what you see here.

This issue appears to be an Apple bug. Serge is working on a solution and hopes to have a new build posted soon.

Jon
Sonny Software
jaroslaw

Post by jaroslaw »

I tried Restore Purchases several times. Nothing happened. There’s no message "You've already purchased this. Would you like to get it for free?".
Looks like I have to wait for the new build.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

No, you actually have to try to purchase, not Restore Purchase, to see that message. Please try, and don't complete the process if you don't see it.

Jon
Sonny Software
jaroslaw

Post by jaroslaw »

It is no better after the update. The app forces me to purchase a new version. There is no option to restore the purchase.
Attachments
IMG_0334.jpg
IMG_0334.jpg (94.87 KiB) Viewed 8465 times
Serge

Post by Serge »

We don’t hold any transactions, everything is done by Apple. You should try to buy it again and if you really be charged the second time please send both receipts for the Standard Version in-app purchase to Apple and also to support@referencesontap.com.
jaroslaw

Post by jaroslaw »

No, I won't risk re-buying an app I've already bought. I use the iOS version sporadically anyway, so I'll give it up.
eric_l

Post by eric_l »

Bookends remains wonderful. Thank you team Bookends!

I've just upgraded my iPhone (Pro 15 running iOS 17.3) and am running the current version of Bookends (3.8.4). I have an annual Pro Features subscription. I have tried 'Restore'. I have also tried using the purchase button which leaves eventually to the message 'A Family... you got it for free'. However, once both the window restore or the 'you got it for free' is dismissed the iPhone App remains on the Standard Version. Any thoughts on how to get it to recognise the subscription?
Serge

Post by Serge »

Please try rebooting your device first. Then, if you are sure that your data was previously synced, please try to remove Bookends from your device and then reinstall it. These actions might trigger a refresh in iOS purchase statuses. Additionally, check in iOS Settings -> your name -> Subscriptions to see if Bookends is listed among your active subscriptions.
eric_l

Post by eric_l »

Thanks Serge. It was the subscription on the new phone. My old iTunes account needed to be added, because my current iCloud ID wasn’t pulling the subscriptions across, even though I merged the two into one account.