Import format from EndNote?

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
oceanben

Import format from EndNote?

Post by oceanben »

I am looking for a Bookends format for the Journal Coral Reefs. The Coral Reefs web site supplies a format for EndNote. Is there any way to import this EndNote format into Bookends or to easily translate it? I have attached a zipped version of the .ens file if that helps ...
Attachments
Coral Reefs Nov 2006.ens.zip
The EndNote format file
(2.73 KiB) Downloaded 783 times
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Import format from EndNote?

Post by Jon »

Bookends can't read EN formats. I suggest you take a look at the Bookends User Guide section on formatting -- it contains all the information you need on creating or modifying your own formats (it's pretty straightforward in most cases, especially if you can start by modifying one that we ship, such as APA 5th, Nature, etc.). If you have problems, you can contact tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com) for help.

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I took a look and Coral Reefs is very similar to Immunity. I made a few modifications and have uploaded the format Coral Reefs (Journal) to our ftp site for you to download.

Jon
Sonny Software
oceanben

Post by oceanben »

Hi Jon -

Wow, thank you for your prompt response. I went to the FTP site (ftp.sonnysoftware.com/Formats/) but wasn't able to find anything with the name coral or Coral Reefs. Sorry to be a pain, but could you point me to the format you uploaded? Thanks so much.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi,

Sorry, I uploaded the format to the wrong server by mistake. Please try the ftp link again -- it's in the Formats folder: Coral Reef (Journal).

Jon
Sonny Software