BASOR spacing issues

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
jsg

BASOR spacing issues

Post by jsg »

I am attempting to create a format for BASOR, building it on American Antiquity, but am having spacing problems.

BASOR looks like this:

Doe, J.
2009 Article Name. Etc.

Using special characters, I can use a delta for the tab, but the first tab before the date needs to be 3 spaces and the second between the date and the author needs to be 5. Then, if the reference carries over into the next line, the text needs to line up with the article name.

Anyone know a way to get this to work?

Thanks,
jsg
jsg

Re: BASOR spacing issues

Post by jsg »

update: I've figured out that I can use set the spaces properly by typing spaces and not "cleaning up consecutive spaces," but still can't get the second line to indent properly.
Any ideas?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm not sure exactly what you are looking for (the example in the forum isn't indented at all), but in general text wrapping is a function of the word processor, not Bookends. If you check "hanging indent" Bookends will supply a default text wrap that shows up when the formatted reference is placed in the word processor. You can use the ruler and the margin/tab settings in the word processor to change this.

Jon
Sonny Software
jsg

Post by jsg »

Ah, thanks -- yes, this works: highlighting the formatted biblio and sliding the tab in my word processor.
Thank you!
mchapman

Post by mchapman »

I wonder if you could post your format for BASOR as it appears to match the one needed for the Journal of Religion and Society. Does anyone know of any other formats that look like this?

Thanks,

Mark
mchapman

Post by mchapman »

Administrative Science Quarterly uses something similar to this format.