Mellel Auto-titles Display

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
gke

Mellel Auto-titles Display

Post by gke »

A minor issue, but perhaps smth that can be solved: auto-titles in attached Mellel documents are not displayed in the BE preview pane.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Mellel Auto-titles Display

Post by Jon »

Bookends doesn't actually try to reproduce attached Mellel documents. It just shows the body of the text, which is fine for simple notes and other purposes. It wasn't my intention to actually parse Mellel documents and extract all textual elements.

If you want to see the Mellel document correctly formatted, just right-click on it in Bookends and select "Open Attachment".

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Post by gke »

Sure, opening the attachment is of course possible, it would just be nice to be able to use the preview pane for a quick skimming through your notes. I use Mellel for taking notes because its auto-titles feature allow one to quickly navigate through a long set of notes with the help of the Outline pane. The downside of it is that in the BE preview pane you lose all the Chapter headers etc. So, what I meant was just a way of being able to "see" these text elements - just as unformatted text. Whether this is worth the effort depends entirely on the amount of work involved in implementing this feature - if it is a relatively simple thing, it might be worth it, otherwise probably not.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can take a look at it and see, but parsing XML is rarely simple. :-)

Jon
Sonny Software
gke

Post by gke »

Great, Jon, thanks a lot, hope it turns out to be simple this time!
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi, it turned out to be rather straightforward. You'll be able to see auto-titles as well as the text in attached Mellel documents in the next update.

Jon
Sonny Software
ozean

Post by ozean »

yay! :D
gke

Post by gke »

Great! Thanks a lot for the effort, Jon!