How to unify the Font of multiple fields?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
mtauton

How to unify the Font of multiple fields?

Post by mtauton »

I have a irritation about font management in bookends. It seems that each field in a reference can have a different font associated with it. So what happens when I scan a document to insert a bibliography in Word, is that the font changes in certain sections of the manuscript where the reference was cited.

For example, if the author field is in Arial then the citation will also be in Arial and so will a portion of the sentence where it is cited. I use Times New Roman as a default in my manuscript and when I cite some references that have a different font, it screws things up, so to speak.

How can I change the font in all feilds of the 1000 or so references that I have to Times New Roman size 12 quickly.

I have tried the preferences settings but that doesn't seem to help.

I hope this makes sense.

If you can help, thanks.

Matt
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Yes, I can help.

You can restore the fonts and styles to the default values with

Global Change -> Restore Default Font Styles

Now bibliography default values will apply.

As for the font changing around a citation -- that's a different issue. After a citation is replaced in Word, the text style reverts to that of the style sheet. So if you see a change you don't want, make sure the local style sheet is set correctly to the font you want.

Jon
Sonny Software
mtauton

Post by mtauton »

That helps alot, Thanks.