Chicago A Journal format with "new series"

Users asking other users for bibliography formats.
revans

Chicago A Journal format with "new series"

Post by revans »

Hello,

I realize this is a bit of a specific request, but I am dealing with a number of nineteenth-century journals that every couple of years would re-start their numbering at volume 1 noting that this was a "new series." Indeed, I have at least one journal that did this three times! Obviously I need to indicate which series "vol. 1" belongs to in both the bibliography and footnotes. Does anyone have a version of Chicago A that can handle this bit of oddness from the nineteenth century?

Thanks,

-Robert.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Chicago A Journal format with "new series"

Post by Jon »

Hi,

I don't, but you can modify yours to do this. I'd either enter the information "new series" (or whatever) along with the volume, or create a new field with that information (new series), and in format tell Bookends to add those words in front of the volume output (if the field is empty, i.e. there is no new series designation, nothing will be output at that point).

Jon
Sonny Software
revans

Re: Chicago A Journal format with "new series"

Post by revans »

Wow, that was simple. I just put "new series" in the volume field in front of the volume number and presto, there it was in the formatted version. I guess I should have tried that first.

Thanks,

-Robert.