ipad

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
ppnkg

ipad

Post by ppnkg »

Any plans to develop a light version of BE for the iPad?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: ipad

Post by Jon »

Please check out PubMed On Tap for iPhone/iPad. We're aware of the opportunities for the iPad...

Jon
Sonny Software
kga1978

Post by kga1978 »

I would luuuuuve to have a fully integrated Bookends on the iPad - in fact, this may convince me that I need to buy one in the first place. Basically what I would be looking for would be a great way to read and organise my papers, rather than to have all the other powerful features of Bookends that you get in the desktop version. Basically I would be looking for something similar to 'Papers', BUT with a Bookends engine and importantly syncing and integration with the Desktop version.

I would even be willing to pay A LOT of money for it - it would be so cool to be able to search, tag, take notes, etc. of all my papers on the fly. Of course integrating all the features of 'PubMed on Tap' would be great, but for the iPad I would be hoping for something completely new in addition.
TamaRick

Post by TamaRick »

I look forward to seeing Bookends 11, Jon, and will be happy to pay the upgrade. I will add my voice to this topic, because I intend to get an iPad. I think the iPad has tremendous potential for educators. That Apple has ported iWork already is hopeful. Third parties will be working hard on software (and hardware), and I'm really looking forward to it. I already imagine having my Keynote presentation on the iPad for traveling to conferences; and then having all the other features. If Bookends were ported to the iPad I'm sure I would use it. I could say much more, but the main point is I would buy an iPad version.

Thanks for your committed work on BE. Many of us deeply appreciate it as a part of our professional life.

Rick
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi Rick, thanks. It's early days and I can't commit to anything, of course, but I can say we are very interested in continuing to improve Bookends, and the iPad looks like it will be a great platform.

Jon
Sonny Software
Sesquipedalian

Post by Sesquipedalian »

I joined the forum just to be able to voice my desire to see Bookends on the iPad. I am already a Pages user, but to be able to use an iPad I would need the ability to add citations and scan documents right on the iPad. If Bookends comes to the iPad, I'll gladly become a customer for both the iPad and Mac OS X versions (so that I can sync with my other computers).

I have been using EndNote for some time now, but I figure that it will be a cold day in hell before there is an EndNote app for the iPad, so a customer like me is ripe for the picking if you can come up with something, Jon.