RSS Feeds and Bookends

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Yodalogger

RSS Feeds and Bookends

Post by Yodalogger »

Is anyone been able to find a way to integrate items from an RSS feed into Bookends. I like pubmed on tap and the way it integrates with Bookends however something even more convenient would be to be able to use an RSS feed of journal table of contents like Google reader where I can select articles as they come out for later syncing to Bookends. Or, dare I dream, an integrated RSS reader into the Bookends web browser itself?
Jon
Site Admin

Re: RSS Feeds and Bookends

Post by Jon »

Hi, interesting ideas. BTW, for now you know that you can store automatic PubMed searches in Bookends, and it will perform those searches at specified intervals. Not exactly what you're looking for, but still useful for notification that there are new articles you might be interested in.

Jon
Sonny Software
Yodalogger

Post by Yodalogger »

I'll give your suggestion a try, and thanks again for the awesome interactions with the users on the forum. Bookends rules!
bulitt

Post by bulitt »

Hi,

Allow me to bring this one to attention again!
Certainly, the possibility to incorporate RSS-feeds into BoT would be a very powerful toy.

I cannot stress how much I would like to see something like this happen. It might be like an actual RSS-reader, but alone the option to have my RSS-feeds localised together with my library would be very convenient. Currently I'm using RSS-menu from www.edotstudios.com, and as much as this works to my satisfaction, having the RSS-feed directly in BoT (and Bookends), would allow me skip a few steps when updating my library.

Thanks!
–BoT quite possibly makes me a better person..¿¡?

Best wishes,
/mads
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Thanks for your thoughts. I'll make sure Serge sees this.

Jon
Sonny Software