Keywords

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Tacitus

Keywords

Post by Tacitus »

Is it possible to delete all of the existing keywords without manually deleting them from each reference?

As an aside, how do other users determine the keywords they use? Use a subset of Dewey or Lib of Congress, or do they, like me create an ad hoc list which gradually becomes less and less rational as time goes on?

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Keywords

Post by Jon »

Tacitus wrote:Is it possible to delete all of the existing keywords without manually deleting them from each reference?
Sure. Do a Global Change -> Change Field for the Keywords field. Put "" (nothing) INTO field Keywords.

I'd do this on a copy of the db, BTW -- it is not undo-able.

Jon
Sonny Software
Tacitus

Re: Keywords

Post by Tacitus »

Jon wrote:....Do a Global Change -> Change Field for the Keywords field. Put "" (nothing) INTO field Keywords.

I'd do this on a copy of the db, BTW -- it is not undo-able.
Thanks for this Jon. Another point. Is it possible to import a list of Keywords and is there a limit on the number?

Tacitus
History is a nightmare from which I am trying to escape.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

The keywords list, like all term lists, is built by collecting all instances in the specified field. If you want a "premade" list of keywords, you can inset them in one field of a dummy reference (I'd probably limit the number to, say, 1000 or so per dummy reference).

Jon
Sonny Software