End of section bibliographies?

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
laup

End of section bibliographies?

Post by laup »

Is there a Bookends preference somewhere to place the bibliography at the end of the current section, rather than at the end of the document?

REASON FOR QUESTION

For book preparation it is common to have "front matter" in one file, and then a file for each chapter. The "front matter" can include title, preface, summary, tables of contents, acknowledgements, abbreviation lists, and perhaps other things. The intent can be to have a bibliography at the end of the summary and at the end of each chapter. As of now, the only way that I know to do that is to keep each chapter in a separate file, and also the summary (disentangling it from the rest of the front matter). That's straightforward, but it precludes unscanning/scanning after everything is assembled. Thus, if there is an end-of-section option, I would like to know.
Jon
Site Admin

Re: End of section bibliographies?

Post by Jon »

Hi, no, there is no end-of-section scan. This is something I'd like to add for Mellel, and if that's what you use you might write to RedleX about this, too. Doing this for Word is trickier, although it's something I think of from time to time (no clear plan for tackling it, though).

Jon
Sonny Software
perryla9877

Post by perryla9877 »

I was looking for the same thing. Thanks for considering adding this feature. I think it would be really cool to be able to list out certain sources based on a keyword. This would be very helpful for writing proposals when you just want to put in particular sources.
Perry "Love my new mac"
goldenrule.com
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Hi, Bookends has Subject Bibliographies. You can create bibliographic subsets based on almost any field (e.g. Keywords) as well as groups (and smart groups). So:

Keyword1

ref1
ref4
ref20

Keyword2

ref93
ref5
ref 167

You can learn more about this in the User Guide.

Jon
Sonny Software