Problems with Case

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
tpyles

Problems with Case

Post by tpyles »

I'm using the SBL Format and Journal Glossary. For some reason, with series names in particular, the bibliography outputs with an abbreviation reverting to title case. E.g., JSOTSup > Jsotsup; CBQMS > Cbqms; etc. This is so even though I have entered JSOTSup into the "Don't change case" box on the Scan & Bib tab of preferences. Anyone know what my trouble might be?

Thanks in advance!
Tony
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Problems with Case

Post by Jon »

JSTORSup is the name of a journal? Bookends doesn't have a change case option for journals, just authors and titles. If you're using a journal glossary, that determines the final outcome (i.e. whatever you entered in the glossary is output).

Jon
Sonny Software
tpyles

Post by tpyles »

JSOTSup is the SBL abbreviation for a series (Journal for the Study of the Old Testament Supplement). It's in the title of a series that the problem appears.
tpyles

Post by tpyles »

What is particularly odd is that it does not seem to affect the series FAT or HTS. Perhaps it is only affecting series abbreviations that have mixed case?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I can't reproduce this. Please contact tech support (support@sonnysoftware.com) and provide more details (screen snaps are often useful).

Jon
Sonny Software