option-double click in Mellel

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
nicka

option-double click in Mellel

Post by nicka »

It's very useful that option double click on a citation in Mellel -- in the text or in the Bibliography palette -- brings up the reference in Bookends. But I have a problem. It doesn't work with citations that have been modified to include text, using the backspace character, like this:

\cited in \McGilvray, 2005, The Cambridge Companion to Chomsky, 204–222\, 220

Option double clicking one of these switches to Bookends correctly but Bookends can't find the reference and displays an error dialogue: Citation not found. This happens regardless of whether the reference is one based on content, like the example above, or one which contains a unique reference number. References with just the other control character, '%', seem to be OK.

So option double clicking the following two examples works, but option double clicking the last one doesn't:

Grice, 2001, #39951
%Grice, 2001, #39951
Grice, 2001, #39951\ p. 17

Is this just me or is it reproducible? And if it's general, can it be fixed? It seems like Bookends has enough information to find the reference.

Nick
Jon
Site Admin

Re: option-double click in Mellel

Post by Jon »

nicka wrote:Is this just me or is it reproducible? And if it's general, can it be fixed? It seems like Bookends has enough information to find the reference.
Hi nicka,

I can reproduce it, and I see why it happens. It will be fixed in 8.0.5...

Jon
Sonny Software
macsailor

Re: option-double click in Mellel

Post by macsailor »

Jon wrote: It will be fixed in 8.0.5...

...which will be released when? Just curious. 8)

/Peter Edwardsson
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Me, too. :-)

Honestly, I hoped it would be tomorrow (May 31). But there have been changes in the database engine that prevent Bookends 8.0.5 from opening Preferences, so that has to be fixed first.

But the time is not going to waste...today I added the ability to close the Group list in the List View window, which some folks have been asking for...

Jon
Sonny Software
danzac

em dashes

Post by danzac »

Are em dashes for repeated authors going to be implemented in 8.0.5? Please let your answer be yes!!
~I swore to myself that if I ever got to walk around the room as manager people would laugh as they saw me coming and applaud as I walked away~
Jon
Site Admin

Re: em dashes

Post by Jon »

danzac wrote:Are em dashes for repeated authors going to be implemented in 8.0.5? Please let your answer be yes!!
Yes.
matthias

Re: em dashes

Post by matthias »

Jon wrote:
danzac wrote:Are em dashes for repeated authors going to be implemented in 8.0.5? Please let your answer be yes!!
Yes.
Great!!! I was just about to ask the very same question. Awaiting 8.0.5., eagerly.

Matthias