Possible bug..

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
grebmar

Possible bug..

Post by grebmar »

I'm not sure this is the correct place to report this, but I noticed a problem this morning when opening BE (11.2.2). Yesterday, I set the references to open in a reference window, not in the main library window. When I opened BE this morning, the main library window refused to open in any database. Only the reference window opened. When this window is closed the main library window still didn't appear. When I went back to preferences and set it to open the reference in the library window, on opening a database, the main library window appears.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?

Also, is there any easy way (e.g. double click on the vertical resizing line) to close the reference window when it is part of the library window? That would be very useful.

Peter Ramberg
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Possible bug..

Post by Jon »

grebmar wrote:I'm not sure this is the correct place to report this, but I noticed a problem this morning when opening BE (11.2.2). Yesterday, I set the references to open in a reference window, not in the main library window. When I opened BE this morning, the main library window refused to open in any database. Only the reference window opened. When this window is closed the main library window still didn't appear. When I went back to preferences and set it to open the reference in the library window, on opening a database, the main library window appears.

Has anyone else encountered this problem?
I suspect you told Bookends to open the database in the Reference Window view (that's a separate checkbox). This is different from editing references in the Reference Window view. And BTW, if you do that, you can always open the library window via the Windows menu.
Also, is there any easy way (e.g. double click on the vertical resizing line) to close the reference window when it is part of the library window? That would be very useful.
The height of the horizontal line is so small I don't think a double click would be useful. There are keyboard shortcuts for this, though (see them in the View menu -- they toggle the open/closed states of the various panes).

Jon
Sonny Software

Peter Ramberg[/quote]
grebmar

Re: Possible bug..

Post by grebmar »

Thank you. I somehow missed the command to open in library view, as well as the edit reference toggle in the View menu. Everything is fine now.