Customizing Icons

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
Nhaps

Customizing Icons

Post by Nhaps »

I was wondering if it is possible to customize the upper bar by placing shortcuts and other useful icons. I use frequently the feature Refs-Global Change-Change Case. It would save us time if this feature could be placed on the main bar. At least there is a lot of room for it. So far I have only Add, Delete, Online Search, Copy Citation and Columns. Thanks--
Jon
Site Admin

Re: Customizing Icons

Post by Jon »

A customizable toolbar is in our plans, but the underpinnings aren't in place yet...

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

BTW, why use Change Case so often? You can control the case for authors and title in the bibliography format...

Jon
Sonny Software
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

... because there are exceptions to the rule
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but in case it's helpful, be aware that you can also force Bookends to leave a title as entered (when formatting) by terminating it with a comma. If that's not relevant, just ignore the advice.

Jon
Sonny Software
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

Jon wrote:I'm not quite sure what you mean by that, but in case it's helpful, be aware that you can also force Bookends to leave a title as entered (when formatting) by terminating it with a comma. If that's not relevant, just ignore the advice.
Jon
Sonny Software
Hey, thanks for the advice, I didn't know that.
macula

Post by macula »

Jon wrote:A customizable toolbar is in our plans, but the underpinnings aren't in place yet...

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon, thanks for this detail. May I ask—knowing it may be an indiscreet question—whether you are implying a forthcoming transition from Carbon to Cocoa?
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

That's the goal.

Jon
Sonny Software
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Those are great news, Jon. I'm sure it will be a successful transition.

BTW, a minor request -in fact, a cosmetic one-. Could it be possible changing the font used in the leftside bar (where it says "All, Hits, Attachments") and the headers of the Main Window? (where it says: "Groups, Title, Author"...and so on) It seems quite old, and I can't modify them in the General Preferences.

Wanderer
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Those fonts and font sizes are determined by the preference settings in the General tab: Defaut Fonts for Lists (Lists is an option in a pop-up menu).

Jon
Sonny Software
Wanderer

Post by Wanderer »

Thanks Jon! Let's search something nice...

Wanderer
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

Jon wrote:BTW, why use Change Case so often? You can control the case for authors and title in the bibliography format...

Jon
Sonny Software
Jon, if I use bibliography format to do that, my Journal Titles will not output in capital letters, but they will appear in Sentence style just like reference title. I would very much like to use a shortcut or righ-click to change it. Thanks--
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

What is a journal title? The name of the journal? And you want that in ALL CAPS? I'm confused.

Jon
Sonny Software
Nhaps

Post by Nhaps »

Jon wrote:What is a journal title? The name of the journal? And you want that in ALL CAPS? I'm confused.

Jon
Sonny Software
Journal abbreviation in SBL style will not come out all capitalized as required. Instead, it will have only the first letter capitalized. This means my reference titles need to be properly displayed as Title case, so that my secondary title can all be displayed as capitalized without being overridden. Sorry for the confusion.
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

I don't know why that would be -- journal titles aren't affected by the title settings (and for SBL titles are output as entered). Please contact tech support directly for followup.

Jon
Sonny Software