Shortened Footnote - help request

A place for users to ask each other questions, make suggestions, and discuss Bookends.
deut3221

Shortened Footnote - help request

Post by deut3221 »

Hello,

I am using Turabian for the Bibliography and Turabian Footnotes for the notes. (I set Turabian Footnotes as the "custom citation format" in the Turabian "Bib and Document Options" tab.)

I am trying to get a book footnote to appear as a shortened note after the first occurrence.

Here's what I've tried:
(1) I set the "primary order" codes and the "secondary order" codes to give the desired output.

(2) In the reference, I entered data in both the "Title" and "2 Title" fields (i.e., all primary and secondary fields have data).

Unfortunately though, when I scan the Word doc, I only get primary footnotes. The secondary shortened note doesn't work.

I am (obviously) doing something wrong, but I am not sure what.

Suggestions are very welcome!!

-steve
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Did you fill out the secondary order field for each Type?

Jon
Sonny Software
deut3221

Post by deut3221 »

Did you fill out the secondary order field for each Type?

Jon, I filled out the Secondary Order field only in Turabain Footnote (i.e., not in Turabian; recall that Turabian uses Turabian Footnote as the "custom citation format") and only for those types that I referenced (i.e., those types that I did not reference in my document, I left blank in Turabian Footntoe Secondary Order).

I must still be missing something? Thank you very much for your quick response trying to help.

Greatly appreciated!!!
-steve
Jon
Site Admin

Post by Jon »

Please send me the edited format you are using (for bib and footnotes) and I'll take a look.

support@sonnysoftware.com

Jon
Sonny Software